1970-75 University of North Texas. B.M. In Music Education, Certified K-12
1975-76 Cleveland Institute of Music
1976-77 Northwestern University M.M. clarinet performance
- Since 1985, Bruce has offered private instruction on piano (including jazz & classical), guitar, clarinet, flute, saxophone, trombone, and trumpet.
- Director of Upper Elementary and Middle School Jazz Ensembles. Assistant director of bands. Greenwich Country Day School
- Piano faculty at Greenwich Country Day School
- Instrumental music assistant teacher for both individual and group lessons grades 4-6. Saxophone, Drum, Trumpet classes. Upper School band small group lessons.
- Director of jazz Ensemble. Concordia College, New York
- Founder and director of “Journey into Jazz”, a summer music camp
- Founder and director of “Friday Jazz”, a weekly after-school jazz ensemble
- Organist and Choir director at the First United Methodist Church of Greenwich, children’s choir and adult choir.
- Founder and director of the “Hudson Valley Jazz Ensemble”, a professional big band
- Minister of music for First United Methodist Church
- Chairman Music Department, Brunswick School. Responsibilities included: Directing Upper School Jazz Ensemble, Middle School Jazz Ensemble, Upper School and Middle School concert band, mixed Greenwich Academy and Brunswick sixteen voice a cappella choir, mixed GA and Brunswick concert choir, Men’s Chorus, Chamber music groups, Pep band for basketball and football games. Lower School, after school program for fourth grade instrumental music. Digital recording class using “Logic Pro” and “Garage Band” (Mac software) and “Sonar” (PC platform). Musical direction of Upper school, Middle School and Lower School musical Theater. Over 100 performances of standard musical theater. Including twenty-five Original two-act musicals.
Your Monthly Tuition includes a minimum of four 30-minute private lessons each month at a repeating scheduled day and time with the same instructor.
Not currently enrolled? Please call or visit your local Fretworks! for availability.